Reorder/Image Gallery

Michelle D'Souza michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 19 14:30:16 UTC 2008

Technically, the underlying structure is there for the reorderer to be
able to support this case. There would be some work involved in
implementing a new 'LayoutHandler' for the reorderer but it shouldn't
be extensive. Of course there are also questions that we'd need to
answer about the server's role in this. Would the new overlapping
layout be persisted?

The more complicated issue with this type of interaction is the user
experience of it especially for a keyboard only user. I have seen
implementations that try to accomplish this by using arrow keys and
moving an item pixel by pixel but talk about repetitive strain! :) It
seems that we have some interesting conversations ahead of us with
respect to new uses of the reorderer.

Michelle