Reminder - JA-SIG 2008 Spring Conference Call for Session and Poster Proposals

Paul Zablosky Paul.Zablosky at ubc.ca
Tue Feb 19 03:10:27 UTC 2008

First, a reminder that proposals for one hour session presentations are
due Friday, February 22! Submit yours today at http://tinyurl.com/2voabt

Second, a reminder that registration is open at
http://tinyurl.com/393p3g . Register now for an early discount.

Third, this year we are introducing something new: An Evening Poster
Session:

Enjoy great food! Share ideas with your colleagues! Learn something new!

Monday evening from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM we will gather in a large room
where you can enjoy refreshments and browse various poster
presentations. This provides a forum for presenters to highlight their
projects and share their successful ideas with the community. Poster
presentations provide conference participants an opportunity to quickly
and easily become acquainted with what others in the open source
community are doing.

Poster sessions offer a great opportunity for first time presenters. You
will engage with a smaller group in a more informal setting. Food and
drink will be available in the room. Attendees will be able to grab a
snack and visit the poster presentations. The informal nature of the
event encourages interaction between presenters and attendees. This
dialog provides an opportunity for a fruitful exchange of ideas.

For more information on the Poster Session, how to submit a proposal and
tips on creating poster presentations, see
http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/x/1ICi

See you in St. Paul this April!

2008 JA-SIG Spring Program Committee