User Testing the uPortal Layout Manager

Justin Obara infielder6 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 04:09:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

I agree that it may be better for the user if they don't have to worry about switching modes.
However, it may be nice for them to be able to save a configuration, so that they can restore
a preferred state if they mess around with the ordering.

If you would like to have some idea of states, so that the page will visibly look similar across
all portlets (locked and movable), instead of having a drop shadow appear at all times, it could
just show up when the mouse is over the title bar (to accompany the pointer change and other
indicators). This may make the portlet appear to jump of the page.

I hope I've understood what you both were saying and have responded appropriately.

Thanks
Justin