User Testing the uPortal Layout Manager

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 13 17:52:52 UTC 2008

A couple comments...

Can the drop location indicator be larger?  It's difficult to see,
especially as you are dragging a portlet over the drop location.  It
indicator line is only about 1/4 of the length of the drop area now,
could the line go all the way across the horizontal space?

As portlets are dragged, they seem to grow in size making it again
difficult to tell where the drop options are and where it will be
dropped.  Is this a know bug?

I'm on Firefox.

-Daphne

On Feb 13, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Colin Clark wrote:

> Hi Shaw-Han,
>
> On 13-Feb-08, at 10:48 AM, Shaw-Han Liem wrote:
>> The current design we are testing (based on Gary Thompson's great new
>> uPortal skin) can be found here:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2r89b2
>>
>> (caution: the mockups have only been tested in firefox)
>
> I just gave the mockup a quick test in IE 6 and it is working fine.
> I get two errors when the page first loads--these errors are also
> thrown in FireFox--about two undefined global variables that the
> uPortal Dojo code is relying on. While globals in a portal are a
> little scary, this is just a by-product of running the mockup
> outside the context of uPortal and isn't a problem.
>
> Colin
>
> ---
> Colin Clark
> Technical Lead, Fluid Project