User Testing the uPortal Layout Manager

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 13 16:28:11 UTC 2008

Hi Shaw-Han,

On 13-Feb-08, at 10:48 AM, Shaw-Han Liem wrote:
> The current design we are testing (based on Gary Thompson's great new
> uPortal skin) can be found here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2r89b2
>
> (caution: the mockups have only been tested in firefox)

I just gave the mockup a quick test in IE 6 and it is working fine. I
get two errors when the page first loads--these errors are also thrown
in FireFox--about two undefined global variables that the uPortal Dojo
code is relying on. While globals in a portal are a little scary, this
is just a by-product of running the mockup outside the context of
uPortal and isn't a problem.