Remote Accessibility Capture

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 27 19:23:51 UTC 2008

Building on the other great suggestions...  I also like the word
activity since what you are capturing is the user's activity.

Remote user activity capture
Remote CaptureAct OR CaptureIT
Remote Activity Grab
GrabIt Remotely (okay, probably too close to SnagIt)

Since what the tool is helping us do is pretend to "be there" during
the test, how about something along the lines of:
Be There!

-Daphne

On Aug 27, 2008, at 7:04 AM, Jonathan Hung wrote:

> I like Anastasia's choice of word "Activity" because it doesn't
> sound like a technical tool.
>
> Just some more suggestions...
>
> - Remote Interface Capture
> - Remote Interaction Capture
>

> ---
> Jonathan Hung / jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
> University of Toronto - ATRC
> Tel: (416) 946-3002
>

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Anastasia Cheetham <a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
> > wrote:
>
> On 26-Aug-08, at 12:02 AM, David Makalsky wrote:
>
> > Remote Access Capture (RAC).
>
> Ok, just brainstorming:
>
> Is it actually Remote? Is it web-based, with the files stored
> somewhere other than the actual user's computer?
>
> Regarding the word 'access' or 'accessibility': I think
> 'accessibility' is certainly overloaded, and doesn't *seem* to apply
> here. I'm not sure of the motivation for the word 'access'?
>
> 'Capture' seems quite appropriate in this context.
>
> Assuming that the tool is remote, and that the remoteness is, in fact,
> a selling point:
>
> Remote Usability Capture Tool (RUCT? ok, maybe not)
> Remove Usability Testing Tool (RUTT? hm, not much better)
> Remote Capture
> Remove Activity Capture (RAC)
>
> ok, now really veering into left field...
>
> Usability-at-a-Distance
> Usability Spy
>
> Ok, I'll stop now :-)
>
> --