Symbolizing undo

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 27 18:04:18 UTC 2008

In the Section Info based inline edit discussion I offered up these
icons from MS Word that show both the Undo and Redo state at the same
time (in different colors to further differentiate them.

And I'll add to the discussion that Google docs uses similar arrows.
Not as pretty, no color differentiation and they don't dim at the
beginning and the end of the Undo stack. (Damn, Google is both very
cool and really half-assed at the same time.)

But both of these apps are in the context of Word Processing, so I
don't think that it's really applicable.