Symbolizing undo

Anastasia Cheetham a.cheetham at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 27 13:24:17 UTC 2008

On 26-Aug-08, at 8:09 PM, Paul Zablosky wrote:

> I did a bit of hunting around to see if I could find something
> better than a semi-circular arrow....
> Anyone else have ideas about this?

I think there's something to be said for familiarity. The arrows that
Eli copied from MS Word looked quite familiar to me, and would to many
users, I imagine. It may not be a standard, but that kind of backwards-
sweeping arrow seems to be becoming a 'de facto' standard.

More importantly, I think user testing should inform this decision.
Let's get some people looking at our sample, and find out if they
understand an arrow! Isn't that the point of doing user testing? ;-)

Anastasia Cheetham                   a.cheetham at utoronto.ca