Symbolizing undo

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Wed Aug 27 04:03:21 UTC 2008

Paul,

This is an awesome post!  I love the context and historical perspective.

One thing I did notice about your examples that makes them tough to
represent is that they are active.  We need to show activity in a
static image -- to state the obvious.

So, that's got me going in the direction of the "directional."  The
arrow is what most undo icons use.  And I'm not sure what else conveys
direction...

Practically speaking, I wonder if Eli has started off in the direction
of trying text already, as Daphne mentioned earlier in the post?  I
like the keeping it simple principle and I think the text might do
that nicely.

Best,
Jess

Jess Mitchell