Inline Edit - caret position when entering edit mode

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 26 19:22:07 UTC 2008

Hi Justin,

That is quite confusing.  Sorry about that.

The first example is how we'd like to move forward.  The other 2 were
how it was supposed to work until we got undo working.  Highlighting
(selecting) the entire text when the user clicks in the box has a
higher chance of the user accidentally making an edit or deleting the
existing text so we didn't want that to happen until undo was
implemented.  The newest storyboard includes undo and thus highlighted
text (even though it's not implemented) because Eli is building a
prototype for user testing based on it.   It seems to be a difference
between the state of implementation and our end goal.  Thoughts on how
we can better communicate this?  Do we need a QA space for the release
that specifies where development is as opposed to the end goal?

-Daphne