declaring jQuery objects with the $foo pattern

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 22 13:50:25 UTC 2008

On 22-Aug-08, at 9:07 AM, Michelle D'Souza wrote:

> I've been using the assumption that everything is a jQuery unless
> specified.

The new DOM binder API ensures that this the case. We've moved to a
slightly more declarative model for getting elements in the document,
deferring to the DOM binder to actually go and get things the right
way, returning a jQuery instance.

The $ convention reminds me fondly of my days programming BASIC.