Springboards: design as well as code?

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 21 18:14:37 UTC 2008

Jacob hit it perfectly.

The current visual design is, well, uninspiring and flat. But once we
have some working examples we can work on that.

One of the things that we're doing right now is identifying the common
elements and states that we need to support in our skinning. This will
allow us to approach the visual design holistically. We don't expect
to capture everything, but we will have a sense of how the different
parts of the theme will work together.

Jacob and I have been brainstorming elements and states, both
conceptually and how they are represented in html and css, and in our
components.

Please take a look at the lists that we're pulling together here: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Springboards#Springboards-elementsandstates

The component area is still quite thin.

Thanks,