Springboards: design as well as code?

Jacob Farber jacob.farber at utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 21 13:55:04 UTC 2008

I believe the work is to be done in phases;
Phase 1 is to have simple, working implementations with little as little
frills as possible
Phase 2 is to have a theme running consistently as an option to take
with the components
Phase 3 is to have multiple themes with purposes (various high contrast
themes, high-bandwidth/low-bandwidth, etc)

However all phases should compliment the design patterns already
established, and showcase the "interesting moments" I think. Those
"interesting moments" may need a little polish when phase 1 is done, as
we're running into situations where things dont quite gel when the
components are super-simplified. Passive discoverability, which affects
all phases, should probably be the first to get another pass in my opinion.

Eli, please correct me if I left anything out or got it backwards....
Jacob