Updates for creating Design Framework tasks

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 21 00:54:13 UTC 2008

Okay, Allison and I have been working on our inline edit framework
tasks.  We needed to make changes and comments so decided the inline
edit tasks were not the best "template" for creating design framework
tasks for the other components.   So we changed the tasks we reviewed
in the meeting (and that are part of the "DesignFramework Example"
filter) to be under the "Design Framework" component.  That way those
tasks stay pristine moving forward.  We just cloned those for our
inline edit tasks and now we can do whatever we want with them.   This
is really an FYI so no one is suprised when you go to close the tasks
and they are actually under the Design Framework component rather than
Inline Edit.  This won't affect anyone that has already created their
tasks.

A suggestion based on our work:  we tagged the inline edit tasks with
both inline edit and design framework components so that we can sort
for those parent tasks without confusing them with just inline edit or
just design framework tasks.  We assume that sorting will be useful
moving forward.

Make sense?  Sorry for any confusion!

Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer