Coding and Commit Standards

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 19 15:36:03 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I've drafted a document describing our conventions for code commits,
quality, and style. These represent the techniques we've been using
informally for awhile, and have been heavily inspired by the other
open source communities we work with.

Coding standards are meant to be guidelines, not hard and fast rules.
Committers are expected to put these conventions into practice, to
review code and encourage their adoption, and to help refine them
over time.

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Coding+and+Commit+Standards

I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improvement,