state management plug-in idea

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 15 16:06:42 UTC 2008

Eli,

On 15-Aug-08, at 10:16 AM, Eli Cochran wrote:

> But to get to your question, in terms of utility, if there are two
> contexts that need setting then to set those contexts via a plugin
> would be worth it. But for simplicity, once you are setting the
> state of some elements via the plugin would you want to be able to
> set all your state this way even if there were only one context?

I agree. We'd want to make this a standard way to adjust states, and
do it through a single API. The point here is to shield users from
having know the details of exactly how their states were being handled
in the DOM. They just declare a state change, and the framework does
the heavy lifting of adding accessibility and browser-compatibility
stuff.