how many times should we stand-up?

Jess Mitchell jess at jessmitchell.com
Fri Aug 15 15:19:57 UTC 2008

Dear All,

The Fluid Project has two standups right now:
the regular, team standup at 8:45a PDT, 11:45a EDT, 4:45p BST
the design standup at 11:00a PDT, 2:00p EDT, 7:00p BST

I'd like to recommend, based on the conversation we had at the last
retrospective (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/0.4+Retrospective
) and based on the work I'm doing to integrate the planning and work
of the Development and Design groups (stay tuned for more info about
this), that we have 1 standup that everyone is invited to attend and
we hold it at 10:00a PDT, 1:00p EDT, 6:00p BST.

We should still aim to keep the meeting to 15-20 minutes and if things
seem as though they're going to go beyond that, then folks should use
the stand-up to kick-start direct conversations with each other on
IRC, Skype chat, Breeze channels, email, or IM.

Don't be deterred if you have a mtg. on Monday at the time I'm
proposing and you'd miss the standup -- standup should just be a
gathering together, not a formal all-staff meeting.  What do y'all
think?

Best,
Jess

Jess Mitchell