[QA testing] doh.robot: Automating Web UI Unit Tests with Real User Events

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 14 21:53:02 UTC 2008

While looking for something completely different, I encountered the
doh.robot: Automating Web UI Unit Tests with Real User Events.

http://dojotoolkit.org/2008/08/11/doh-robot-automating-web-ui-unit-tests-real-user-events

 From the site:

"...the Dojo Object Harness (DOH) unit test framework, called
doh.robot, scheduled to appear in Dojo 1.2. This enhancement adds an
API to DOH that enables testers to automate their UI tests using real,
cross-platform, system-level input events."

"However, we took a different approach to dispatching events: instead
of using synthetic events, we used the cross-browser and cross-
platform Java applet technology to place real events on the native
event queue, as if a real person performed the action."

Interesting!

- Eli

Eli Cochran
user interaction developer