An interesting read

Jonathan Hung jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 13 14:00:52 UTC 2008

Cool. Nice to see them trying to educate the masses. I hope their popularity
will reach some people with respect to accessibility.

I totally agree that translation and transcription need to be improved. All
the nuances and context are lost through transforming audio into words. The
statistic about deaf illiteracy is also really interesting. Makes you wonder
who captioning is really for? Insomniac husbands with a sleeping spouse I
guess.

Good to see this kind of article wander by.

---
Jonathan Hung / jonathan.hung at utoronto.ca
University of Toronto - ATRC
Tel: (416) 946-3002