Inline Edit storyboards updated

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 11 22:15:22 UTC 2008

Hi there,

As part of the work I did synching up the different Inline Edit pages,
I updated the storyboard page I'd been working on for Inline Edit
Constrained Choices (drop-down and date). In order to allow me to
create one excerpt for each potential Inline Edit component, I
actually had to split the page into two pages:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inline+Edit+Storyboard+-+Edit+information+with+constrained+choices
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inline+Edit+Storyboard+-+Edit+date+information

Some of the changes I made included:

* Added grayed-out "Click to edit" text for empty fields
* Making the dropdown mouseover outline much less prominent
* Ensuring the cursors (and other details) matched what we outline in
the Inline Edit Specification (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inline+Edit+Specification
)
* Added dotted line to indicate current focus where needed
* Added more keyboard interactions

One of the open questions we haven't yet answered is what exactly the
Undo icon should look like. Also, when working on the main Inline Edit
page (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Inline+Edit) it
seemed like the same information was entered several times (e.g. the
storyboards were linked in 4 places on the page) so perhaps we can
talk about whether there is a way to trim that down a little bit.

Let me know if you have any feedback on the changes--thanks!
Allison

Allison Bloodworth
Senior User Interaction Designer
(415) 377-8243