daily build site not working for reorderer

Michelle D'Souza michelle.dsouza at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 5 17:29:13 UTC 2008

>  I guess we should think about ways
> we might be able to cover more of the Reorderer functionality
> with tests, but I guess for things like drag and drop this
> is always going to be somewhat problematic.

Justin is currently looking into some options for automated acceptance
testing. I really hope this pans out as it will fill a void in our
development testing as well as take some weight off QA testing.
Currently, there are no automated tests for mouse based drag and drop.

> There is still one interesting inconsistency - the "Sortable
> Conference Planning To-do list" no longer has the problem
> whereby an element dragged out of the range of the control
> still appears droppable - for this, the visual styling
> agrees with the state of droppability.
>
> However the "Sorting lists demo" is not like this - it always
> shows the droppable "red bar" target, even if it is not
> going to honour the drop. Are these using different
> versions of the Reorderer or different CSS styles, or what?

They would be using the same version of the Reorderer but with
different styles.

> How can we make sure that the Reorderer can never be
> configured so this can happen? :P

We should definitely fix up the styling in our samples but the short
answer is that we can't ensure that the Reorderer is never configured
like this if we want to be DOM agnostic and allow for flexible
styling.  Jacob and Eli are looking into better packaging of good
default markup and styles and the hope is that for most users this
will be enough.

Michelle

Michelle D'Souza
Software Developer, Fluid Project