Response to Sakai walkthrough

Harriet Truscott harriet at caret.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 10:09:09 UTC 2007

Hi people

Just a quick mail to say that I read the summary of the Sakai walkthroughs
so far with great interest. The issues you identify tie up absolutely with
issues that we have already identified at Cambridge.

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1705058

For academic year 07/08, we're changing tool names

Site Info > Site Admin
Schedule > Calendar
Worksite Info > Welcome (would ideally be 'Welcome to German Beginners', but
that would need development work - so we'll keep encouraging people to
change it themselves)
Roster > Site Members (for consistency in project and course sites)

We're also anglicizing
Syllabus > Course Outline

I'll let you know how changing tool names goes, so you've got one
institution's experience to back up the recommendations.

All the best

Harriet

CamTools and your MyWorkspace will be getting a new look on Tues 25th
September. Look at the CamTools home page for more details.

Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technologies
University of Cambridge
16 Mill Lane
Cambridge
01223 765 040