Is "component" a misnomer? Is a higher level term needed?

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 12:18:32 UTC 2007

Being one of those focused, software developer types, can you give me an
example of an "other solutions to user problematics"?  I am having
trouble visualizing a solution that can be used in software development
that doesn't involve software elements, components, snippets of code, or
a design pattern that could be translated to code.

- Mark Norton