Pre-summit homework for component definition & prioritization

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 17 20:03:33 UTC 2007

Hi all,

As we discussed at Friday's meeting, we'll be spending quite a bit of
time further defining our various component ideas along with giving
them some priority, http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/
Component+Identification+and+Prioritization+Exercise.  The UX
Walkthroughs have given us numerous component/reusable solution
ideas.  To take full advantage of our face to face time I'd like to
ask Walkthrough participants (and anyone else that has ideas) to
bring their ideas on post-it notes -- one idea per post-it note.
Through Friday's conversation we realized that naming a component
this early may lead us to thinking technically and at a widget level
of granularity.  For each idea let's focus on what the user needs to
accomplish.  A component label is fine (but not necessary).  Let's
include a description of the problem and/or activity...whatever makes
sense for the level of understanding.  As we discuss, synthesize and
group our ideas, we will further flesh out their meanings.    Don't
worry about overlap in ideas, we'll synthesize through the activity.

Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer
daphne at media.berkeley.edu
cell (510)847-0308