Content management

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 14 21:25:36 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

You're right in pointing out that we don't want to be too restrictive or
make assumptions about user needs a-priori. I also agree that there are
lots of good requirements already floating around regarding content
management.

I think the goal of trying to come up with a definition of content
management for Sakai and uPortal is twofold: 1) to delineate scope and
2) to make it easier to collaborate on distributed research.

I expect, as Daphne has said, that the definition of content management
will be very broad, but defining some boundaries helps us to focus and
limit our scope to the designs that will make the biggest improvements
in the lives of our users.

Ultimately, the whole point of the user research is to find out more
about what shape these designs should take. We'll do the research in an
incremental way so we can continue to build useful components as we learn.

Colin