Content management

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 14 13:11:28 UTC 2007

Personally, I think that coming up with a defining term kinda misses the
point.  As Daphne said, almost everything on a site in Sakai could be
considered content of one kind or another.

Rather than creating a sweeping definition, wouldn't we be better served
by collecting the real needs of our users and documenting them? You
might find that, after collecting requirements into a big unorganized
pile, that pieces of the problem will emerge that fit together.
Decomposition is essential, since the problem space is so large, but
having a collection of requirements, pieces can be developed in the
context of other things.

Keep "content management" as a label and explore what it means.
Ultimately, it's the work that matters, not what you call it.

- Mark Norton

PS.  There are lots of content management requirements already hanging
around.  They just need to be pushed into Fluid's mindspace.