Draft DHTML Developer's Checklist

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 13 13:52:32 UTC 2007

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your comments, they're very helpful. I'll link to the
articles you suggest.

Quoting Eli Cochran <eli at media.berkeley.edu>:
> 1. One thing that should be added, it's not specifically DHTML
> although DHTML makes the situation worse, is to structure the flow of
> page or widget semantically, even if the layout as displayed in the
> browser is different.

I tried to reflect this approach in my markup examples. You'll notice
that even in the cases where HTML's semantic markup is insufficient,
I've used good semantic tags such as lists to structure menus and
tabs. But this should probably be made more explicit within the
checklist itself.

The larger issue of structuring a document in a meaningful way
independent of the visual presentation is noteworthy as well. I'll see
how I can fit it in.

Thanks again for your advice,