Draft DHTML Developer's Checklist

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Tue Sep 11 22:33:45 UTC 2007

Colin,
This is a great start. Would it be possible to link over to examples
of each of your 3 main points? They don't have to be great examples
but it helps a lot to see this stuff in the context of real code.

I would also recommend code snippets for item 2. For example, how
would I create a bit of custom JS code that is namespaced? What would
a few sample prefixes look like?

Item 3 would benefit from clearer labelling. It is not completely
clear to me that opaque is bad so maybe tweak the wording or just put
something like "this is bad".

Nice job!
-AZ

On 9/11/07, Colin Clark <colin.clark at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been working on a checklist for developers of JavaScript and DHTML
> user interfaces, and would like to get the community's feedback on it.
>
> The checklist is an attempt to provide developers with a quick overview
> of a few of the most important issues to watch out for, and real
> techniques for how to address them.
>
> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/DHTML+Developer+Checklist
>
> Thoughts? Suggestions for improvements?
>
> Colin
>
> --
> Colin Clark
> Technical Lead, Fluid Project
> http://fluidproject.org

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]