Fluid Design Patterns wiki & group activities

Allison Bloodworth abloodworth at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 30 00:27:32 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

This past week I have been fleshing out the Fluid Design patterns
wiki page (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Design
+Patterns) with examples, resources, working groups, and a project
plan (http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Design+Patterns
+Project+Plan). Thanks to Barbara for helping out with this as well!
There are now lots of interesting resources there, including links to
(I think) all the major design patterns libraries. If you know of
other good resources or libraries to check out, it would be great if
you'd add them. I'd also like folks to feel free to add to the
Project Plan if you think of other tasks which would help move our
efforts forward.

We have several small working groups which are active at this time.
If you would like to help out in one of these areas, just sign up on
the wiki page and contact me to get started:

     *  Preparing Drag and Drop design pattern for Fluid 0.1 Release
- http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Drag+and+Drop
           o Members: Shaw-Han, Barbara, Erin, Allison
     * Review of Design Patterns Literature
           o Members: Allison, Barbara
     * Competitive analysis of other Design Patterns Libraries
           o Members: Allison, Barbara

The work of these groups will help inform a proposal for the Fluid
Design Patterns Library. I am working on some initial ideas for this
which I will post on the wiki page and email out shortly. This is
partially in response to discussion about how the Sakai and Fluid
Design Pattern libraries will relate to each other which happened on
today's Sakai UI discussion group's call.  I would like to use these
ideas to start a group discussion, the end goal of which will be to
reach a shared understanding about the goals and strategies of the
Fluid Design Patterns Library. I'll suggest a date and time for this
discussion when I sent out these initial ideas--if you know you would
like to attend this meeting and have constraints you'd like me to
keep in mind, just let me know.

If you have thoughts or comments about any and all things design
patterns, feel free to email me or just respond on this list.

Thanks!

Allison Bloodworth
Senior User Interaction Designer
(415) 377-8243