Fluid 0.1 Release Delay

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 29 21:49:26 UTC 2007

Hi Eli,

These are great points, and I agree that it makes sense to better
articulate our release goals.

In brief, the goals for this 0.1 release are the following:

1) Get the Reorderer into the hands of developers. Once the current crop
of bugs have been squashed, we're confident that it's a viable option
for accessible drag and drop. This is also why we're making a strong
documentation push for 0.1.

2) Establish a release process and automate as much of it as possible.
This sets the stage for putting out regular milestone releases, which
will in turn make it easier to integrate our work and sync up with
Sakai's and uPortal's schedules.

I'll try to document these goals for the next couple of releases within
the release plan as you suggest. Great idea. I've also been planning to
put together a 0.1 release status page outlining exactly the kinds of
points you suggest. Apologies for the delay.

Colin