Fluid 0.1 Release Delay

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 29 19:29:35 UTC 2007

I'm very glad that this decision was made. It seems to have been made
for all the right reasons.

However, I'm still curious if we have clear goals and guidelines for
this releases and releases in general.

A release should have a stated the goal as part of the release.

We're never going to release something that is perfect. The intension
of a given release, or part of a release, will determine how finished
something needs to be for inclusion in that release.

Maybe goals should be added here:  http://wiki.fluidproject.org/
display/fluid/Fluid+Project+2007-9+Release+Plan

I'm just now doing a checkout of the svn repository but I want to
make sure that we're documenting the status of the different elements
of the release with:

- The status of the tool/pattern/documentation/etc:
	- software component: proof of concept, in development, ready for
release, revision
	- pattern: draft, proposal, release, revision
- Features and Known issues.
- Changes since last release. (moot for this our first release)
- Next Steps

My 2 cents.

- Eli

>>> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-70
>>> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-71
>>>
>>> Many of us will be attending the upcoming JA-SIG Unconference in two
>>> weeks. To accommodate this priority, I'd like to set the new release
>>> date for November 21st, giving us time to fix these issues and
>>> perform a
>>> full QA cycle.
>>>
>>> I apologize for the inconvenience that this delay may cause, and
>>> appreciate your patience. Let me know if you have any questions
>>> or concerns.
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>
>>> --
>>> Colin Clark
>>> Technical Lead, Fluid Project
>>> Adaptive Technology Resource Centre, University of Toronto
>>> http://fluidproject.org

>> Daphne Ogle
>> Senior Interaction Designer
>> University of California, Berkeley