Fluid 0.1 Release Delay

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 27 00:27:12 UTC 2007

Although it is disappointing (and well...a hard thing to do) to delay
the release, I think this is just another indication of how committed
Fluid is to building quality software and components -- from the user
experience and technical perspective.  It's also worth noting that
this discussion and decision was very collaborative.  We are lucky to
work with such great team members.  Thanks for that everyone!

-Daphne

On Oct 26, 2007, at 7:39 AM, Colin Clark wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We have decided to delay the Fluid 0.1 release by a few weeks. During
> our QA and review process, we came across a couple of blocker bugs
> related to recent drag and drop changes in the Reorderer. These issues
> are resolvable, but will take some time to fix.
>
> The UX team has been amazingly helpful with identifying and refining
> solutions for this. While the delay is disappointing, it shows our
> commitment to quality; we will not ship code with issues that the UX
> team consider problematic.
>
> At the heart of the issue is some missing affordances (or "interesting
> moments") during mouse-based interactions. This was a regression
> caused
> by recent necessary code changes. The latest design spec for the
> correct
> behaviour is available on our wiki at:
>
> http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Lightbox+Design+Mockup
>
> More details about the issues are available in the Fluid issues
> database:
>
> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-72
> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-70
> http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-71
>
> Many of us will be attending the upcoming JA-SIG Unconference in two
> weeks. To accommodate this priority, I'd like to set the new release
> date for November 21st, giving us time to fix these issues and
> perform a
> full QA cycle.
>
> I apologize for the inconvenience that this delay may cause, and
> appreciate your patience. Let me know if you have any questions or
> concerns.
>
> Colin
>
> --
> Colin Clark