Fluid 0.1 Release Delay

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 26 14:39:45 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

We have decided to delay the Fluid 0.1 release by a few weeks. During
our QA and review process, we came across a couple of blocker bugs
related to recent drag and drop changes in the Reorderer. These issues
are resolvable, but will take some time to fix.

The UX team has been amazingly helpful with identifying and refining
solutions for this. While the delay is disappointing, it shows our
commitment to quality; we will not ship code with issues that the UX
team consider problematic.

At the heart of the issue is some missing affordances (or "interesting
moments") during mouse-based interactions. This was a regression caused
by recent necessary code changes. The latest design spec for the correct
behaviour is available on our wiki at:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Lightbox+Design+Mockup

More details about the issues are available in the Fluid issues database:

Many of us will be attending the upcoming JA-SIG Unconference in two
weeks. To accommodate this priority, I'd like to set the new release
date for November 21st, giving us time to fix these issues and perform a
full QA cycle.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this delay may cause, and
appreciate your patience. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.