Follow up from today's meeting

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 24 03:13:19 UTC 2007

Hi all,

We decided today that we wanted to meet again Friday to continue with
our UX planning activities.  Let me know what times work for you all
on Friday:

- 9:00 am PDT / 12:00 EDT
- 10:00 am PDT / 1:00 PDT
- 11:00 am PDT / 2:00 EDT
- 12:00 pm PDT / 3:00 EDT

I'm in all day working meetings tomorrow but will try to tally up
everyone's availability and send it out by Thursday morning PDT.

Action items in prep for Friday's meeting:

1)  Project coordinators to post project plans for each project area
on the wiki (where should these go?  can someone put theirs up as a
model and share with the group?)
2)  Granularity for the project plans:  Phases for global
prioritization; within each phase are more granular activities that
will be prioritized within the working group when the work is happening.
	-Phases are meant to be chunks of work that need to be prioritized
together.  For example, in user research a phase might be competitive
analysis another contextual inquiries & modeling.  So splitting up
the activities within a phase would not be an efficient way to work.
Each phase can be worked on separately, perhaps put away while we
focus on another project and then picked up again to continue on to
the next phase.  Although we didn't talk about this today -- it would
be good if each phase has deliverables identified -- to the team,
community, another project team, whatever makes sense.
3) Create story cards for the phases that we'll use for the global
planning game on Friday.  I missed this today -- did we decide on an
application to use?  Allison (or anyone else that's looked at the
options), can you recommend one for us to start using?

Did I miss anything?

Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer
daphne at media.berkeley.edu