JA-Sig UCamp Planning

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 23 22:48:14 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Great to see the progress you're making on the JA-SIG U-Camp. It's
shaping up to be a fun event.

Barbara Glover wrote:

> As for Colin's talk it could either be a pre-camp Lightning Talk or
> added as part of Intro section or as a separate talk (somewhere before
> the user test).  I'll see if he's interested.

I'm very interesting in giving this talk, either as a lightning talk or
as part of the intro. What do you recommend?

As background, I gave a brief introduction to the last Sakai U-Camp in
Amsterdam where I talked about the various roles needed on successful
software teams. I also gave a brief overview of how open source is
uniquely positioned to devise new collaborative strategies for improving
user experience.

> On 22-Oct-07, at 12:16 PM, Daphne Ogle wrote:
>> -  Was there talk of getting real users for the mock testing?  Since
>> we'll be on campus I think it would be great to recruit a user or two
>> to test.

Jay Shao may also have some suggestions for recruiting real users from
around Rutgers. Hopefully they won't have stage fright. :)