Reminder of 0.1 and call for volunteers

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 23 21:22:14 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we're well into preparations for the release of
Fluid version 0.1 on October 31, 2007. This release is expected to contain:

1. The Lightbox, including documentation and example HTML files
2. The Reorderer, also including documentation and examples
3. UX Toolkit, consisting of:
  a) The Drag and Drop design pattern
  b) The UX Walkthrough protocol and checklist

The release will be packaged as a zip file available for download
directly from fluidproject.org. It will include all of the source code
as well as PDFs of our UX toolkit.

The Reorderer technical team is making some final changes to the markup
contract in anticipation of code freeze and testing later this week.

Eli Cochran has done great work drafting a QA plan. He's got a few more
tweaks planned, but will post it to the wiki soon. We'd appreciate your
help in QA testing.

We're also looking for a volunteer to help edit and organize our UX
Walkthrough protocol and checklist for the release. If you feel up to
doing a bit of editing and wiki gardening, please let us know!