Fluid licensing logistics

Sheila Crossey sheila.crossey at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 22 17:45:57 UTC 2007

Here is something else to think about. The short license text embedded in
the actual source code files needs to link to somewhere to get the full text
of the two licenses. I have suggested that this link be back to the LICENSE
file itself. So if you have multiple LICENSE files in multiple trunks, you
create some complexity as you might expect each file to link to the LICENSE
in its own project trunk. Or would you? Maybe there should just be a master
LICENSE file somewhere else to link back to.

If you look at the DOJO licensing documentation at
http://dojotoolkit.org/book/dojo-book-0-9/introduction/licensing ,
you'll see that the links to the licenses (Academic Free and BSD links) take
you right to the dual license file in the source code repository and link to
the appropriate license text within it. E.g.
http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/browser/dojo/trunk/LICENSE#L43 (Academic Free)
and
http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/browser/dojo/trunk/LICENSE#L13 (BSD).

Sheila