A problem with jQuery UI's drag-and-drop

Joseph Scheuhammer clown at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 19 18:40:53 UTC 2007

I wrote:

> The element to be moved is hidden by setting it's visibility style,
> but otherwise leaving its styles intact, including the float (but,
> again, I'll check that).  Upon the drop, the avatar is destroyed, and
> the visibility reset on the moved item (and it's been moved in the dom
> -- actually it's moving around the dom during the drag, but you can't
> see it).

Actually, that's the problem.  The above describes what happens when
jQuiDnD work -- the item dragged is set to invisbile, but it moves
around in the DOM.  In the case where jQuiDnD doesn't work, it is still
set to invisible, but does *not* move around the dom.

Why would a "float" style stop DOM manipulations?

--
;;;;joseph

'Oozy rat in a sanitary zoo'
 - "Bob", W. A. Yankovic -