Fluid licensing logistics

Sheila Crossey sheila.crossey at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 18 19:06:10 UTC 2007

All,

I've attached two files that we're proposing to use for licensing in the Fluid repository. One is a template for text that would be embedded in each file, and the other is text for LICENSE file that would reside at the top of the trunk of the Fluid repository. Each of the attachments includes an explanatory preamble, so please take look. This is a bit different from the Sakai method which simply embeds a copyright and licensing comment in each file because the dual BSD/ECL license we're applying to Fluid makes this comment too long. We're solving this with a lengthy LICENSE file to be included in the trunk of the Fluid repository and a short embedded reference to it in each file.

We would like to use this scheme for setting up the Fluid repository, so please let us know ASAP if it presents any problems, logistic or otherwise.

Once we've settled on a scheme, I'll post it as a how-to on the wiki.

Sheila

Sheila Crossey

Senior Project Coordinator
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre