Lightbox User Testing Protocol

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 16 21:54:25 UTC 2007

Hi Barbara and all,

This is a really good testing protocol for the Lightbox. Nice work!

The UX team talked about user testing briefly on our planning call
today. For those of you who weren't there, here's a quick summary.

The 0.1 release is unusual in that we haven't had the opportunity to do
a lot of user testing on the Lightbox yet. Now that we've got a solid
test plan, it will serve as the basis for identifying and fixing
usability issues with the Lightbox and Reorderer over the next few
releases. User testing will become an ongoing activity for us from here on.

We'll fix as many issues as we can before 0.1, and then continue with
user testing and refactoring into 0.2, refining the test plan as we go.

Barbara mentioned during the meeting that she's planning to run this
plan with Justin Obara early next week here in Toronto. Is anyone else
able to do some testing with users at their institution?

Colin