Fluid CLA and CCLA for comment

Sheila Crossey sheila.crossey at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 15 15:01:59 UTC 2007

All,

As part of the process of moving Fluid code into its own repository, we would like to get the right intellectual property paperwork in place for contributors to hand off code. With this in mind, I've created a Fluid CLA (Contributor License Agreement) and CCLA (Corporate CLA). These are copies of the Sakai CLA and CCLA except that I've replaced references to the Sakai Foundation with the University of Toronto and say the project is led by the University of Toronto represented by the ATRC. Other than the header, changing Foundation to University throughout, and providing a new address, the language is identical to the current Sakai CLA and CCLA. I kept the Sakai version numbering (CLA 1.0 and CCLA 1.1) to stay in synch with them.

As previously discussed, our intention is to dual-license the code under the ECL 2.0 and Modified BSD licences. I'll be posting more details of the proposed logistics for this soon.

Meanwhile, I would appreciate it if an appropriate person from each of the contributing organizations could let me know if the attached CLA and CCLA suit their needs. Also, please let me know if you spot any errors (typographical or otherwise).

Sheila

Sheila Crossey

Senior Project Coordinator
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre