Case study on agile planning sessions

Barbara Glover barbara.glover at utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 11 20:04:05 UTC 2007

Hi Daphne
My understanding of how Toronto does the time estimates is as follows:
- each activity is listed on the board and who is going to work on it.
- that person/people makes an estimate as to how many "ideal" days it
would take to complete (can also be less than 1 day)
- this is written on the board in say red
- at the end of each day, the person if they worked on that item,
marks in say blue, how much time they spent.
- if an item is completed then an checkmark is placed beside it.
- at the end of the iteration, for each item the team can see how
long they estimated vs. how long it took to complete.

-barbara