More JA-SIG UCamp ideas

Paul Zablosky Paul.Zablosky at ubc.ca
Thu Oct 11 17:17:15 UTC 2007

/This is a late reply to Daphne's query of October 8th
/

This brings up an interesting point.  How long are folks planning to
stay?  I originally thought is was 2 day event but it looks like
space is available all week.

Paul, when you say "later in the week", what are you thinking?
Trying to figure out logistics...

-Daphne

What I was suggesting, Daphne, is that people think about the
opportunity for developer/designer
interactive collaborative work later in the week when activities switch
over to the "code fest"
model.  I don't know if any of our designers had plans to participate on
this level, but the
opportunity is certainly there.  As you say, it's a question of
logistics.  We all have to make
travel plans, and decide in advance how may days we'll be in  attendance.

The Tuesday afternoon UCamp could end with a designer and developer
pairing off and saying
"Let's get together and thrash out this idea we've just come up with,
and cut some actual
code... Oops can't do it -- got a plane to catch this evening ..."

Should this be a real concern?  Anything we can do about it?

Paul

--
Paul Zablosky                  |  The University of British Columbia
Information Technology         |  Email: Paul.Zablosky at ubc.ca
6356 Agricultural Road         |  Phone: 604-822-4475
Vancouver B.C. Canada V6T 1Z2  |  Fax: 604-822-5116