More JA-Sig UCamp ideas

Paul Zablosky Paul.Zablosky at ubc.ca
Fri Oct 5 20:11:17 UTC 2007

Barbara,
    Given the intended substantial Fluid presence at the unconference,
I'm hoping that there will be a strong thread of usability/accessibility
permeating the gathering.  I am in favour of making the UCamp a plenary,
although attendees are of course free to pursue other interests in
parallel if they wish.

Certainly, we need to set this up with appropriate lightning talks.

I'm also hoping that there will be some opportunity for real
designer/developer interactions focused on real deliverables later in
the week.  Ideally these collaborations would be proposed before the
unconference, but they could arise during the Monday-Tuesday activities.

The unconference presents a great opportunity for spreading the
"literacy" of user experience expertise, and we should make the most of it.

[I put the word /literacy/ in quotes because I borrowed it from a
well-expressed comment from Michael Feldstein
<http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Project+Vision#comment-1706116>
on the Fluid wiki.]

Paul