window.onload problem ... survey of solutions

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 5 16:44:07 UTC 2007

At the summit, the problems associated with using window.onload to
init element events came up (I think it was raised by Antranig).

I recently came across these two articles on the issue and found them
very interesting (if you are, as I am, interested in this kind of
stuff.) Try to get past the fact that the second article is a little
bit jQuery centric. As the author points out, the technique could
easily be generalized to work with any framework (or no framework at
all).

1. The window.onload problem (still) [Peter's Blog]
	http://peter.michaux.ca/article/553

2. The window.onload Problem - Really Solved! [Peter's Blog]
	http://peter.michaux.ca/article/3752

- Eli

                  .

Eli Cochran