Changes to the wiki...

Justin Obara j-obara at rogers.com
Thu Oct 4 21:14:16 UTC 2007

Hello, I'm new here as well and also "just" a volunteer.

I personally am very happy with the changes made to the wiki.
I found that the old style was harder to navigate through and I
would get lost in the content. The new version has a much
cleaner look and feel. It is my understanding that usability should
be about making things easier. I agree with Kylie and Daphne that
there are two goals at play. One is providing the information, the
other is accessing the information. The new version is much easier
to get at the information. I can not speak to inputing information as
I have yet to make changes to the wiki.

In the current system it seems that there are several streams of information;
each represented by an item in the left navigation bar. I was thinking that
it may be usefull to hi-light the item for which the current page falls under.
That is to say that when reading things about components, the components item
is hi-lighted. The hi-lighting may need to be different than a mouse over though.
Just thought that it might help people keep track of where they were easier.
Not sure how good an idea it is.

Thanks
Justin

Message: 5