Sharing Ownership of UX...

Sean Keesler smkeesle at syr.edu
Thu Oct 4 19:16:37 UTC 2007

I like the article, but I think that there is an important unstated
assumption.
In a business environment, the product will not ship unless it meets the
quality standards of the engineering group, the UX group and the product
manager. Here in Sakailand (and many open source software communities), we
have a track record of putting emphasis on the engineering aspect of this,
but NO emphasis on holding off on a release in order to ensure the product
is usable, discoverable, intuitive, etc as is emphasized in this article.
Perhaps instead of stating that we will release something every year, we
should set what the next release WILL look like and release it when QA and
UX say it is done.

Sean Keesler
Project Manager
The Living SchoolBook