Ext releases a Portal widget

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 2 19:44:40 UTC 2007

The impressive Ext JS library is showing off the first public release
of what they are calling Ext 2.0. I haven't spent a lot of time with
it but I did notice this very clean Portal implementation.

http://extjs.com/deploy/ext-2.0-alpha1/examples/layout/portal.html

Not accessible but still nice. Aside from the nice implementation of
draggable content areas, I also like their collapsable left nav area
and the accordion effect of the different left nav elements.

By the way, in the 2.0 release they are now relying fully on their
own framework and no long piggy-backing on other frameworks.

- Eli

                  .

Eli Cochran
user interaction developer