New volunteer: Kyle Russell

Colin Clark colin.clark at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 2 19:41:23 UTC 2007

Hi Daphne, Paul, and all,

I'd like to introduce you to a new volunteer on the Fluid Project, Kyle
Russell.

> I'd like to introduce myself and ask if/how I can be involved with the fluid project. My background is in occupational therapy and more recently in usability. My master's work focused on the accessibility of distance learning courses at the University of Washington where I was/am a student. I'm currently finished with the academic portion of a PhD in educational technology and looking for opportunities for research that can lead to my dissertation. I can see that the fluid project has members from both academic and work environments, but I can't quite tell how it is organized and how to get involved.

Kyle and I spoke over the phone before the Fluid Summit and he's
interested in getting involved in the UX Walkthroughs for Sakai and
uPortal. Since you two are listed as the coordinators of those groups,
can you help to get Kyle up and running with the walkthroughs?

Kyle also has quite a bit of experience with remote user testing and is
interested in the VULab work and our testing process.