Membership Tool design meeting
brierley at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 29 08:50:31 UTC 2007
The mockups are here:
Below are the design goals for the Membership tool I've coalesced from
the U-Camp planning phone calls as well as from Stanford users then
tried to address in the design:
- Improve initial "My Current Sites" listing
-current default is all sites, maybe it should be current term list/
view, so active sites are immediately available.
-include other columns for more sorting (e.g. term)
-ordering is currently alphanumeric order, ensuring that oldest
sites show at top of list, something better? (This seems to be a
Stanford problem since we prepend site titles with term info like "F07")
-course title (short description) would be better as the default
Description, maybe with an option to see the full description so the
list doesn't become unwieldy with large homepage descriptions.
- Better search-ability for "Joinable Sites" page
- Better searchability should include more robust search engine, but
also a way to find cross-listings that are not in the original site ID
(searching rosters, perhaps?) and maybe organization by department/
subject for browsability
- possibly this is a separate project if it requires algorythm work
(ie. separate from facelift)
- better display of remove or pull in better info (e.g. short
description) in the description column
- include all sites, even if they aren't joinable
- include an all sites view, not just joinable
- Maybe: Better/more intuitive name for tool or better placement so
users know this is where to browse/join sites
- out of scope: examine the differences/combinability with Worksite
Set-up and/or Search Sites. Seems like there's more overlap between
Membership and Search Sites than there is between Membership and WSS.
The dial-in number is below. If we desire show and tell, I'll share my
screen via Adobe Connect (aka Breeze):
Login as guest with just your name.
Talk to you soon!
On Nov 27, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Barbara Glover wrote:
> Hi Marc
> Membership Tool design meeting is at Thursday, Nov 29 at 9am PST/
> 12pm EST for all interested people.
> I think the plan is to use the following for the meeting:
> Conference Code: 350
> PIN: 72524
> Telephone: 812-856-7060
> This automatic notification message was sent by Sakai Collab (https://collab.sakaiproject.org/portal
> ) from the DG: User Interaction site.
> You can modify how you receive notifications at My Workspace >
More information about the fluid-work